Javpool.com is the Publisher (referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”) of the Javpool website(s), https://javpool.com/ (referred to as the “Website”). We are committed to protecting your privacy and handling your personal data in an open and transparent manner. The personal data that we collect and process will vary depending on how you use the Website.
- provides an overview of how the Website collects and processes your personal data and tells you about your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”);
- when we refer to “personal data” or “personal information” we mean data which identifies or may identify you and which may include, for instance, your email or IP address;
- when we refer to “processing” we mean the handling of your personal data by us, including collecting, protecting and storing your personal data; and
- when we refer to “sensitive data” we mean personal data which may reveal information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, genetic or bio-metric data.
1. Who we are
- 2. How we collect your personal data
We obtain your personal data mainly through any information you provide directly to us through our Website. Below is a list of ways we collect your personal data:
- when you visit and/or use our Website;
- when you take part in surveys or report a problem with our Website; or
- when you contact with us via email, post or other ways of communication.
- 3. If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect and process your personal data in order to provide you with our services and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to provide you with access to our Website and/or the services we offer. In this case, we may have to suspend your access to the Website prohibit any access to non-public areas of the Website or restrict the operation of your account and the services we provide to you.
- 4. Personal data that we collect and process
- Personal data we collect and process from Browsers
- Technical Data, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, smart device information, mobile phone network information, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website;
- User Submitted Data, including data collected for a specific function, for instance a contest or a survey; and
- Consents, including any permissions, consents or preferences that you give to the Website.
- 5. Automated personal data collection
- 6. Why we need your personal data and how we use it
We will most commonly use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- where we need to comply with a legal obligation; and/or
- where you have given us your consent.
Below, we describe these circumstances in further detail.
- Performance of our services to you
We may collect and process your personal data where it is necessary in order to present our Website and its contents to you, including any interactive features on our Website and to provide you with information or services that you request from us.
We may collect and process your personal data where it is necessary in order to determine whether users of the Website are unique, or whether the same user is using the Website on multiple occasions, and to monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed and demographic patterns.
- Functionality and security
We may collect and process your personal data where it is necessary in order to diagnose or fix technology problems, and to detect, prevent and respond to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement.
- Other legitimate interests
In addition to the above, we may process your data, to the extent required for our business needs in order to:
- develop new
services on our Website as well as analyze and target new markets;
- protect our legal rights and interests (including legal claims and preparing our defense in litigation);
- monitor, maintain and improve internal business processes, information and data, technology and communication solutions and services;
- ensure network information security, including monitoring Browsers’ access to our information technology for the purpose of preventing cyber-attacks, unauthorized use of Website and prevention or detection of crime;
- monitor the performance and effectiveness of our services and the Website; and
- assess the quality of our customer services.
- For compliance with legal obligations
When you visit and/or use and/or register in our Website (and throughout your relationship with us), we are required to comply with certain legal and regulatory obligations which may involve the processing of your personal data. This may include processing to:
- perform checks and comply with laws relating to fraud;
- manage contentious regulatory matters, investigations and litigation.
- You have provided your consent
We will only ask for your consent when we wish to provide marketing information to you in relation to our services which we believe may be of interest and of benefit to you, but only where you are a Browser.
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time. However, any processing of personal data prior to the receipt of your revocation will not be affected.
- 7. Who we share your personal data with
We may also disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. We also may share aggregated information with third-parties for conducting general business analysis. This information does not contain any personal data and may be used to develop content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest.
Please note that we have never sold and will never sell your personal data to third parties.
- 8. Security of your personal data
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to safeguard your personal data from unauthorized access and disclosure. For instance, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal data, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your personal data between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal data. However, please be advised that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of personal data as we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party hackers from illegally obtaining this information.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. We are not responsible for circumventions of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- 9. Marketing information
We may process your personal data so as to inform you about existing and/or future services that may be of interest to you by sending you periodic announcements with details on existing and/or new services and/or programs.
You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes, by clicking at the opt-out link at the bottom of any marketing emails we send you.
Even if you inform us that you no longer wish to receive marketing material, you will still receive from us system notices and other information specifically related to your account from time to time.
- 10. How long we keep your personal data for
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you have questions about our data retention practices, please contact us electronically by sending as an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11. Your data protection rights
We want to make sure you are aware of your rights in relation to the personal data we process about you. We have described those rights and the circumstances in which they apply further below.
- Access: This enables you to get access or receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Correction: If you believe that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct the inaccurate personal information.
- Erasure: You may request that we delete your personal information if you believe that:
- we no longer need to process your information for the purposes for which it was provided;
- we have requested your permission to process your personal information and you wish to withdraw your consent; or
- we are not using your information in a lawful manner.
As a result of deleting your personal information, you will lose access to most of our services.
Grace period: There is a 45 day grace period before we proceed with erasure. During this Grace Period you will be allowed to restore your account. The grace period functionality allows you not to lose any important information and options by mistake. After the expiration of the grace period however, your account will be deleted.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. If you exercise your right to object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedom or for the establishment, exercise and defense of legal claims.
If you object to processing for direct marketing purposes, then we shall stop the processing of your personal data for such purposes.
Depending on the circumstances, we may need to restrict or cease processing your personal data altogether or, where requested, delete your personal data. Please note that if you object us processing your personal data, we may have to suspend the services we provide to you.
- Restriction: You have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- it is not accurate; or
- it has been used unlawfully but you do not want us to delete it; or
- it is not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in possible legal claims; or
- you have already asked us to stop using your personal data but you are waiting for us to confirm if we have legitimate grounds to use your personal data.
Please note that if you request us to restrict processing of your personal data, we may have to suspend the services we provide to you.
- Right to portability: Where we have requested your permission to process your personal data or you have provided us with information for the purposes of entering into a contract with us, you have the right to receive the personal data you provided to us in a portable format. You may also request us to provide it directly to a third party, if technically feasible. We are not responsible for any such third party’s use of your account information, which will be governed by their agreement with you and any privacy statement they provided to you.
If we ask for your consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that in case of a withdrawal of your consent you may no longer be able to use several functionalities of our Website and our services.
To exercise any of your rights, or if you have any other questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us electronically by sending us an email at email@example.com.
We endeavor to address all your requests promptly.
- 14. How to access or modify your personal data
We remain dedicated to the protection of your personal data and we want to be clear about the type of information collected, helping you make choices about your privacy. You may:
- access/modify/control the information provided during registration and who you disclose the information to through social networks, comments and PMs on the
- 12. Our communication with you
- 13. Right to complain
Upon receipt of your complaint, we will investigate it and respond to you within a reasonable time.
- 17. Our policy towards minors
Our Website is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) or the applicable age of majority in the jurisdiction from which the Website is accessed and we do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a minor has provided us with personal data, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate that person’s account immediately.
- 18. Third-party links
- 20. Cookies